Senior Activities & Graduation
Lynbrook High School's graduation ceremony for the Class of 2019 will be held in June at the Lynbrook Stadium.
- Graduation Guidelines for Parents and Guests
- Graduation and Baccalaureate Speaker Information
- Graduation Apparel Guidelines
- Cap Decorating Guidelines
- Graduation Lei Fundraiser Supporting Valks Dance Team
Please note the following:
- There will be open seating in both the home and visitor stands, with no tickets required.
- The stadium will open at 8:30 a.m. with seating on a first come-first served basis. Any seats saved must be released at 9:20 a.m.
- Graduates are expected to report to advisory classrooms by 8:30 a.m. that morning.
- Seniors must attend mandatory graduation practices on Wednesday (5/30) and Thursday (5/31) from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- No one except for the graduates and participants in the ceremony are allowed on the field. This includes before, during, and after the ceremony.
- We ask that parents and guests act in a way that does not detract from the experience of others. Horns or noisemakers are not allowed because they drown out the names of graduates being read and are harmful to the ears of those around them. Guests should refrain from bringing signs or banners, balloons, umbrellas or standing on the bleachers, as these will negatively impact others' ability to see the proceedings.
- At the conclusion of the ceremony, students will be asked to leave the field and reunite with family and friends near the Field House/Basketball courts for pictures and light refreshments.
- Dresses or nice, full length slacks. No shorts or blue jeans. Dress shirts should be collared, ties are optional.
- Dress shoes, wedges or dress sandals. No heels are allowed on the turf field. No white/worn sneakers.
- The graduation cap and gown must be worn as designed with the exception of approved cap decorations.
- No flowers of any type. No leis. No trims, buttons or pins of any type on the cap or gown.
- Graduates may not carry personal items in pockets or hands during the ceremony (No cell phones, iPODs, cameras, etc.). Please leave these items at home, in your advisory room or with parents.
- Suggestions for cap messages:
- Thank a parent, grandparent, teacher or friend
- Recognize the university you will be attending
- Graduation year
- The branch of the military you will be joining
- Home country's flag
- Only the flat, top area of the mortar board may be decorated. There may be nothing hanging down from any of the sides of the cap.
- Decorations must be flat on the surface of the cap. 3D decorations are prohibited.
- Messages must be self explanatory to all audiences, with no inside joke or hidden meanings.
- May not contain any numbers, other than year of graduation or single letters.
- May not contain any advertisement, symbols, abbreviations, initials, words, slogans, patches or pictures that refer to: drugs or controlled substances, tobacco, alcohol, gang affiliation, violence, illegal activity, weapons or be of a sexual nature.
- May not be obscene, profane, vulgar or lewd.
- May not explicitly state or infer threats to the safety and welfare of any person or group of people.
Check back for information on Senior Prom 2019
May 30, 2019
This is an annual event held shortly before the end of the school year. Senior Awards Night showcases the awards, honors, and scholarships that seniors have received.
The following forms need to be filled out and turned in to the College and Career Center no later than April 29, 2019.
List your awards/honors/scholarships for outstanding achievement or talent, including those from outside organizations. Only include college awards/scholarships from the college you will be attending. If you are not sure whether your recognition is notable, visit Mrs. Takahashi or Mrs. Tang in the College and Career Center.
Community Service Award
Seniors who document a minimum of 80 hours of community service from June 1, 2018 to May 1, 2019 with a non-profit organization(s) are eligible for the Community Service Award. Visit the FUHSD Community Service webpage for the form and additional information. Activities must be summarized on the form and the student must obtain a verification signature and contact number of supervising adult.