Senior Activities & Graduation
The Lynbrook High School Class of 2020 Car Parade will Depart from the Congregation Beth David parking lot at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 4th. Seniors in the Class of 2020 who wish to participate in the LHS graduation car parade must sign up on at the following link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSch6R9WiOQbplOkoKd9B79f2ShaTOUIrd0FZsV_VyX8PUsrJw/viewform
The parade route will end in the LHS parking lot. Please make sure that the graduate is sitting on the passenger side of the vehicle, as a photo will be taken as you leave the LHS parking lot. Graduates need to have their names written on a 8 ½ x 11 sheet of paper to give to the announcer.
LINE-UP WILL BEGIN AT 3:45 PM. Follow the map below to for the line-up. Line up starts on SCULLY AVE. Then cars depart through the parking lot of Congregation Beth David. Follow the blue arrows to access Scully Ave.
BE RESPECTFUL. PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK DRIVEWAYS, HONK HORNS OR BLAST MUSIC WHILE LINING UP IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.
In order to make the parade work successfully, we must comply with the regulations that have been put forth by the county. In their directives, they shared that car parades are allowed, subject to all of the following conditions and limitations:
- Only members of the same household may occupy a single car.
- People may not leave their cars at any time during the parade, including as cars arrive and wait for the parade to begin.
- Participating cars may not congregate at a fixed location.
- No bicycles or motorcycles may participate.
In coordination with the cities of Cupertino, San Jose and Sunnyvale participants are expected to abide by the following:
- A parent or guardian must be the driver of the vehicle.
- Only one vehicle per student/family is permitted to participate in the parade.
- Vehicles may not be larger than a SUV. No recreational vehicles, limousines, or buses.
- Vehicles must abide by traffic signals and other standard rules of the road.
- Vehicle decorations may not obscure the driver's vision or cause hazard to others on the road.
- During the parade members of each vehicle must remain seated with all body parts in the vehicle at all times.
How to Access the Start of the Parade