The Main Office will close for the summer at 3 p.m. on Friday, June 21, 2019 and will reopen on Thursday, August 1, 2019. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., closed from 12 to 1 p.m. and reopens from 1 to 3 p.m. We look forward to seeing you in August!
- 10th Grade (8/5/19, 1 to 3 p.m.)
- 12th Grade (8/6/19, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.)
- 11th Grade (8/6/19, 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.)
- 9th Grade (8/7/19, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.)
New Student Orientation and Viking Days Information
- 9th Grade and New Student orientation is on Monday, 8/12/19 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- 9th Grade Viking Day is on Monday, 8/12/19 from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m.
- 10th, 11th, 12th Grade Viking Day is on Tuesday, 8/13/19 (see 2019 Vikings Days Information Flyer for specific grade level times)
On Monday, May 20, an email was sent to all current 9th – 11th grade families regarding the Back to School Updates and Annual Notification process. This is the 2nd year using the Infinite Campus Parent Portal to complete this yearly update and notification acknowledgments. Based on the instructions in the email, recovering your forgotten password only works if you had previously set up a Recovery Email.
We recommend using the link to the LHS Parent Portal webpage. Click on the green rectangle “INFINITE CAMPUS HELP TOOLS” link, here you can submit a request by completing the three bulleted questions. You will receive a response within 24 hours with your Username and a temporary reset password. We encourage you to complete this process by the end of June while our Data Tech is still on campus to help with your email recovery. Our data technician will not be available during the month of July. Thank you.
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, build rapport and discuss issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school and within your district.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTSA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
- Consider joining the PTSA! All are welcome. Please check out our website for more details: Lynbrook High School PTSA.
On this day in 1944, more than 160,000 Allied troops landed along a 50-mile stretch of the heavily-fortified French coastline, to fight Nazi Germany on the beaches of Normandy, France. Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower called the operation a crusade in which, “we will accept nothing less than full victory.” More than 5,000 Ships and 13,000 aircraft supported the D-Day invasion, and by day’s end, the Allies gained a foot-hold in Continental Europe. The cost in lives on D-Day was high. More than 9,000 Allied Soldiers were killed or wounded, but their sacrifice allowed more than 100,000 Soldiers to begin the slow, hard slog across Europe, to defeat the Nazis.
This Week: Finals week Schedule: Thursday Block (5); Friday graduation
Graduation Ceremony: Graduation ceremony will be on Friday, June 7 at 9:30 AM in the LHS stadium. Doors for guests open at 8:30AM. Graduates need to check in no later than 8:30 AM in the field house.
Grades: All Final grades will be published in Infinite campus and mailed on Friday, June 14.
School Closed for Summer: The Lynbrook office will be open until Friday, June 14. However, the last day for the teachers and guidance counselors is Thursday, June 6. They will be back on Wednesday, August 14.
Seniors: Graduation rehearsal is on Wednesday, June 5th at 8:00 AM in the auditorium and on Thursday, June 6 at 8:00 AM in the LHS stadium. Graduation rehearsal is mandatory. Please be on time.
Fall Sports: The official start of fall sports is Friday, August 9. For more information on fall sports please go to our website https://lynbrookathletics.com/
- Facilities Request
- Daily Bulletin / News
- Employee Request for Correction of Safety Hazard
- In-House Facilities Request Form
- Kudos Form
- LHS Grant Request Form
- Notification of Outside Speaker
- P3 Form for Certificated Staff
- P3 Form for Classified Staff
- SAT Referral Form
- Trip Permit (for all other Field Trip forms, view District Forms)