A Note from Principal Jackson
Hello, Lynbrook Community!
Many thanks to Lynbrook Excellence in Education for sponsoring the evening with Rick Clark, Associate Vice Provost & Executive Admissions Director at Georgia Tech, and co-author of The Truth About College Admissions, that took place on Tuesday. Approximately 300 parents came to learn more about how to research and choose colleges that are the best fit for their student. The generous donations offered by parents to LExE made this night possible. If you want to join efforts with LExE to impact life at Lynbrook, please visit their website for more information.
On Wednesday, approximately 100 people joined me for the first Virtual Coffee & Chat with the Lynbrook Principal. If you would like to learn more about what was discussed at this event, the notes are captured online. Click the link to view the padlet. The next Virtual Coffee & Chat is October 26, 2022. Please RSVP through Eventbrite.
Advisory on Friday, September 23
After the bell rings ending 4th period on Friday, students will remain in the classroom for their first district-wide advisory message and activity. This week we will learn about self-management and how to take care of ourselves as well as how to support friends.
Lynbrook Site Council 2022-23
Elections were conducted, and I am pleased to announce the 2022-23 Lynbrook School Site Council members.
Seated Voting members of the Site Council
Dana Li (parent) 2-year term
Sonya Patel-(parent) 2-year term
Linda Wong (parent) 1-year on term
Amy Ashworth (certificated staff) 2-year term
Anshul Agarwal (certificated staff) 2-year term
Mike Williams (certificated staff) 1-year term
Dave Herz (certificated staff) 1-year on term
Ranjani Narasimhan (classified staff) 2-year term
Annie Li (student) 1-year term
Anishka Banerjee (student) 1-year term
Maria Jackson (Principal ex officio member)
Sarah Sun (ASB President ex officio member)
Alan Dowdell- parent
Jackie Perez- classified staff
Malissa Goldstein- certificated staff
The Purpose of School Site Council (as noted in the Bylaws)
- Recommend the Single Plan for Student Achievement for adoption by the Fremont Union High School District Board of Trustees.
- Have ongoing responsibility to monitor the implementation of the Single Plan for Student Achievement and to assess periodically the effectiveness of the plan.
- Annually review the Single Plan for Student Achievement, establish a new budget consistent with the Education Code, and, if necessary, make modifications in the plan to reflect changing needs and priorities.
- Take other actions as required by the Education Code.
- The council shall act as the primary community advisory body to the Lynbrook High School Administration.
- The Council shall act separately as the Parent-Student Advisory Committee for administering federal and state programs.
School Site Council meets after school from 3:30 PM-4:30 PM on the third Wednesday of most months, beginning in September. The first meeting and the last meeting are in-person in Library Study #2. All other meetings are via Zoom. There are no meetings scheduled in December and April. The meeting dates are 9/21/22 & 5/17/23 in person, and 10/19/22, 11/16/22, 1/25/23, 2/15/23, and 3/15/23 in Zoom.
Night on the Quad is BACK
On September 29, 2022, the PTSA is hosting Night on the Quad. Due to construction and then the county's COVID health orders, Night on the Quad was on hiatus. PTSA is excited to announce, NIGHT ON THE QUAD IS BACK! This is a community event that is outdoors in the main quad on campus. Clubs and other campus groups will have tables set up to give the community a chance to learn more about the exciting options students have to be involved at Lynbrook. Please mark your calendar and join us for the return of Night on the Quad.
Mrs. Maria Jackson