FOR CURRENT STUDENTS/PARENTS ONLY: Course selection begins in mid-February and continues through the end of March each year. Information on this website is updated annually, in January. Please visit in early February for updated course lists, descriptions, and a calendar.
During this time, Counselors are not available for individual appointments, but are available for general questions at the following times:
- Thursday, March 2 and March 9 from 7:00 - 7:40 pm in Room 001
- Tuesday, March 7 - Math specific questions from 7:00 - 7:40 pm in Room 001
|Click the department(s) below to find course offerings and descriptions, as well as course sequence recommendations and department contact information.|
- 9th grade students are visited in their Lit/Writing classes by a Counselor to develop a 4 year course plan for graduation and to distribute initial planning forms.
- 10th and 11th grade students are visited by a Counselor during their social studies class to deliver course options and planning forms.
- All students receive a Science and Math Advising form with recommendation from current teachers; use this to guide your selection
- All students are given 2 weeks to plan courses before paperwork is due.
- Current 8th grade students and parents invited to course selection evenings.
- COURSE SELECTION Q & A SESSIONS FOR PARENTS AND STUDENTS OF CURRENT 9TH - 11TH GRADE
- Tuesday, March 7 from 7:00 - 7:40 pm in room 001 (Math focus with the Math Department Lead)
- Thursdays, March 2 and March 9 from 7:00 - 7:40 pm in room 001 (General Guidance/Course Planning)
- Course Verification EMAILED to parent/guardian for approval (using Chalkschools)
- Any change requests on verification due to Guidance Counselor by April 21st (hard copy)
- Additional forms may be required: Math Override or Skip form, AP USH or AP LAC diagnostic results page(s), Lynbrook AP Contract, PE Athletics Form