Coding Opportunities at the Cupertino Library
- CodeF1rst: Saturday, December 17th from 10a.m.—1p.m. Teen Program
- Girls Who Code: meets weekly. Requires pre-registration. Every Thursday evening through February 2017
- Introduction to Arduinos: Presented by the Cupertinker Space on February 5, 2017 and February 12, 2017 in the Library Story Room from 2-5 p.m.
- Teen Hackathon/CU Hacks (once a year): Cupertino Library’s FREE hack-a-thon event for teenagers ages 14 – 19. A collaborative community event fostering STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) learning skills while providing teen coders first-hand experience in joining together in an engaging, interactive environment as they create beneficial applications. Coming Summer 2017.
- Hour of Code: Cupertino’s Girls Who Code group will participate in the 2016 Hour of Code.
Come and explore the College & Career Center!
- We have books that you can check out with topics such as: careers, college guides, college applications, essays, financial aid, test prep, and athletic recruitment.
- Learn about Community College: degree /certificate programs and transfer agreements to 4-year universities
- Do you want to learn about career plans that don't include college?
- Need help creating your college list? Make an appointment for assistance.
- Need someone to give you feedback on an essay or resume? Submit a printed copy to the C&CC. (Guidelines posted in the C&CC.)
- We also have brochures and handouts.
- Questions? Stop by the C&CC and speak with Mrs. Takahashi or Mrs Tang. They are here to help all students!
One of our popular reads is a book called Where You Go Is Not Who You'll Be by Frank Bruni. Come into the C&CC and literally check it out!
This New York Times article talks about the college admissions process.
Visit Colleges. We strongly recommend that students visit some college campuses before they complete their college lists. There are a wide variety of colleges within a few hours of San Jose, so you can easily visit them on a day trip. There is a pocket guide for choosing colleges available in the C&CC.